Resident Lighting Designer
After completing her B.A in Theatre Performance in 2002, Clare moved to Melbourne and worked as an actor for about 8 years. In 2010 she gained her Diploma of Live Production. Clare works as a freelance lighting designer and she was adopted by the Stitch family in 2013 as the Resident LD. Clare was recently nominated for a Green Room Award for her Lighting Design on Eurydice (Red Stitch 2014). Clare was recently chosen for The 2016 Besen Family Artist Placement at The Malthouse Theatre, where she worked with renowned lighting designer and theatre maker Paul Jackson on their production of the adapted Australian classic ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’.
Freelance design & production credits include:
- Lighting Designer for ELMO’S WORLD TOUR 2012 – Life Like Touring/Sesame Street Workshop
- LD for ROBOTS VS ART- By Travis Cotton.
- LD for BURNING with Mad As Us Productions.
- LD for Vile – by Didem Caia at La Mamma Courthouse.
- LD for The Port Fairy Spring Music Festival
- LD for Hitler’s Daughter, Noises Off & The Red Tree at Caulfield Grammar.
- LD for Ignatious Grail – (Fringe 2015)
- Venue Production Manager for Poppy Seed Festival 2015
- LD for The Inaugural Annual Dance Affair – True North 2016
- Coming Soon.. ‘Abigail 1702’ with Boutique Theatre &
- ‘Always Patsy Cline’ with Hit Productions
Red Stitch credits include:
- Howie the Rookie directed by Greg Carroll
- Orphans directed by Imara Savage
- Midsummer (A Play With Songs) directed by John Kachoyan
- 4000 Miles directed by Mark Pritchard
- Straight directed by Dean Bryant
- NSFW directed by Tanya Dickson.
- PLAYLIST – 2014
- Belleville directed by Denny Lawrence
- EURYDICE directed by Luke Kerridge. (Green Room Award Nominated for Best Lighting)
- Jumpers for Goalposts directed by Tom Healy.
- Wet House directed by Brett Cousins
- LOVE LOVE LOVE directed by Denny Lawrence
- Ritual Slaughter of George Mastromas directed by Mark Wilson
- The Village Bike directed by Ngaire Dawn Fair
- The River directed by John Kachoyan